Sunday, April 18, 2010

Comments for Teachers: Blog and Podcasts for ELT Professionals

What's New In The World?
"English at Cebit"
This post was wonderful. I commented: I love the comment you made, "The more you can get the subject out of the classroom and into the real world, the more chance you have of getting the kids to connect with it." I believe that the only way that children can really learn new things and remember them is to put them to work in the real world and experience it first hand. If your students get a chance to practice the English language in a public setting, that is excellent. This gives them the chance to make their mark and really test their skills. Thank you for sharing this post!

"Are Teachers Like Factory Workers?"
I was enthralled in this blog. Too many times I have experienced the same situation you are speaking of. The comment "how can you be interested in teaching and not have heard of PLNs" is very interesting. I am currently in school at the University of South Alabama pursuing my teaching degree. I had never heard of a PLN before taking a technology course (EDM 310, which is what directed me to your page) and I understand how important it is for someone in education to have a PLN. As a teacher, you should be a "lifelong learner" and willing to make change when change is necessary. I believe every teacher should take the initiative to go beyond the requirements and attend seminars and presentations to expand their knowledge on different topics. Great post! Thank you for sharing...I am adding you to MY PLN! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment