Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blog Assignment #13, April 18, 2010

Thoughts about EDM 31o...
I feel that without this class I would be lost in the world of technology. I have always thought of myself as a technologically savvy person, but there is so much out there that I did not know existed. The podcasts were fun to put together and do as a group. I have never even heard of a podcast. I always referred to them as a "radio talk show." There are many things in this class that turned out to be very useful. The class as a whole was very stressful in trying to keep up, but I do feel that it will be extremely useful in the long run.

The one project I think I will continue to use is the blogging. The blogs will be a great way for my students to express themselves and also share what they have learned and are learning with the world. I will give them assignments that they will have to post to their blogs and maybe coincide with another school or class to make comments on their blogs. The blogging is a useful tool to give students a chance to show their work and be proud of what they have accomplished. I will also have a class website that has links to the students blogs. I believe this will be a great opportunity to share with parents what we do on a daily basis and the things that are going on in our classroom. We will update our blogs and site daily. I am really excited to get things started! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that this class was stressful but useful. I too would be lost in the world of technology with out this class. I loved learning all the different things we can do with technology! I am also looking forward to using the blog for my classroom and parents! I think another way to use the blog is to keep parents up to date on homework and what their children our doing in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete