Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog Assignment #14, April 25, 2010

A 7th Grader's PLE
This video was very interesting. I went to Symbaloo and played around to see what I could come up with. I am going to try and create my PLN using Symbaloo. I think this is a great way to create your PLN and an easy way to be able to organize and use it.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life

Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.



What's My Sentence?
This is something that I have never thought of. I thought about what my sentence would be and it is....."I am a striving mother, wife, and student pursuing a lifelong dream to become a teacher and positively influence the lives of many children. " I believe that if I commit to be a lifelong learner then I have the power to teach children to do the same. You have to do as you want your students to do and if they see that you are still learning and improving, they can too!

Was I Better Today Than Yesterday?
I believe that this is a great way to end each day. As a teacher you need to ask yourself this question daily. Was I better today than yesterday? Teachers need to always be on the lookout for ways of improving their teaching methods and being able to adapt to their student's needs.
Combine these two sentences and the motivation will take care of itself! Students rely on teachers to guide them through their academic careers and if a teacher just slides through a day with the same practices and shows no initiative....what is that teaching her students?

Each day should be a stepping stone to excelling in your teaching career. Take each day as a "lesson" and build as you go throughout your career. You will become an excellent role model for your students and not to mention, gain more knowledge and success for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment