Monday, March 29, 2010

Henry Jenkins- Comments for Teachers

Henry Jenkins http://henryjenkins.org/
I commented: Hi! I am a student of Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I loved your post. My brother is a computer animator and talks about these movies all the time. It was very interesting to hear how these movies are actually based upon shifts in American race and culture. The movies were interesting too because they gave me an insight to what my brother is actually talking about. I never really know what he is saying, I simply smile and nod! Thank you for sharing this! Leigh Ankersen

Henry Jenkins is really into Avatar and comparing sci-fi movies and books to real life situations. There are many points he made that I had to really think about. I had a hard time understanding exactly what he was getting at in most posts. I am not really into sci-fi and things like that. He is a very smart man, but his posts were just not of my interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment