Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blog Assignment #8, March 7, 2010

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving your childhood dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

I really enjoyed Randy Pausch's lecture. He made some really awesome points. The one point he made that immediately stuck with me was: "As long as someone is riding you and pushing you to do better, that means they still care. They haven't given up on you!" This is so true and I can think of several times when I was younger that I thought someone was "picking on me" because they didn't like me or wanted me to quit. In all reality, they only wanted me to excel!

Another point Randy Paush made was that "there are always brick walls that will get in your way. These brick walls are there for a reason....they let us prove how badly you want something and they keep people out that don't want it as bad as you do." This could not be more accurate. I can think of many times when I was ready to give up because it seemed as though every time things seemed to be going my way, there would be something to "get in the way" and hold things up. I only had to push harder to accomplish my goal and get my desired outcome.

The thought of pushing people to seek their childhood dreams is very motivating to me. I believe that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and I can enable others to push for the their dreams! This is an empowering thought. There are so many people and children that think their dreams are impossible and unattainable when in reality anything is possible if you put your all into it! The possibilities are endless and you are the driver in the ride to and for your future.

Randy Paush gave an amazing lecture. He was very upbeat and had strong hopes for himself and his destiny. He is terminally ill, but instead of pitying himself he is a motivator for others to reach their dreams as he did his. After listening to him speak, I feel as though I can accomplish anything I want and I need not give up until I get the result I am hoping for. He was very uplifting and entertaining.

I really enjoyed the virtual video that was in the movie with the rabbit. It was very cheerful and funny....especially the "turn" in the end of it. That was very humorous to see the rabbit and it's happy world,not want to end. The moral was all good things come to an end. This is a great point and this video put it into aspect.
All things do come to an end, so we must make the best of it while we are here! Great movie! Thanks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment