Monday, March 29, 2010

Blog Assignment #11, April 4, 2010

The video by Kaia was very eye opening. This statement, "If you take the time to look closely at things that are ugly far away may be beautiful" says it all. There are many times that people take one look at things and see the "negative" in it and turn the other way. If we slow down a bit and take the time to look closely we may find that there are more positive than negative in most things in life. I know I am guilty of running through life and I don't take the time out to enjoy things and appreciate what is out there for my benefit.

I have noticed in this class that I have not only taken technology for granted, but I don't use it to its fullest capacity. I have so much available at my fingertips and I don't utilize it the way I should . After reading Intrepid Teacher: Singing Hearts I realized that there is so much that can be done with technology as a teacher. In times of crisis, such as the Swine flu they spoke of, technology can be a saving grace. There will be an answer to shutting down schools during health epidemics. School can be held online using technology.

I believe that there is a new age coming about with technology. The world needs to utilize what is available with technology and the possibilities are endless! As a teacher, I plan to use technology in every way I can so that my students learn what technology is capable of doing and they use it first hand and have the experience. I believe that with technology you can do anything!

1 comment:

  1. Leigh I totally agree with you on these posts! I also believe that things could be way better if people would just slow down and really take a look at things rather than just trying to rush. We rip ourselves off by doing this. I also agree with what you said about not taking advantage of all the technology we have available to us. It seems like we are so worried we might have to take time and learn something new that we would rather just not mess with it. This is a flawed logic and I am guilty of it as well, but hopefully things will change. I know that realizing this is important and as a future teacher I plan to use all the tools available to me in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete